About the job
Baringa Partners is a fast-growing consultancy with around 1000 employees, and offices within seven of the world’s leading markets; UK, Germany, Belgium, US, Singapore, Bulgaria and Australia. We are a consultancy with a difference; we put our people first and are passionate about providing our clients with deep technical and industry insights that deliver real and measurable results – with pragmatism. Being an independent consultancy, we are not afraid to bring our own point of view, and challenge to help clients create outcomes that are right for them.
We have had some great achievements this year; winning a top ten spot in the UK for the thirteenth successive year by the Great Place to Work Institute. As well as being recognised for our leadership on workplace gender equality by most recently winning the ‘Women of the Future Corporate Award 2021 and also being recognised by The Times as one of the top 50 employers for women.
Baringa believes that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation, and value for our clients and for our people. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background.
There are the reasons people come and the reasons they stay.
Our Corporate Team provides capabilities and services across Finance, IT, HR, Marketing and Operations which enable the firm to deliver its strategic and business goals. The recent appointment of the Partner for Corporate Strategy and Performance signifies a new level of investment in the development and leadership of this team and considerable work is underway to review and transform how the teams operate and perform.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team of professionals in New York. Reporting in to the Business Services Manager, this person will provide a comprehensive range of Executive Assistance, Business Support and Administration to the Partner Team (Exec).
The Executive Assistant function plays an important role in providing professional executive and administrative support to Baringa. The existing team is known as the ‘go to’ team for most things across the company and have a reputation for being highly organised multi taskers. Knowledge sharing and team work is instrumental to this team and creates a strong team ethos. This is a great opportunity for you to join Baringa and bring professionalism and your ideas to continue to provide exceptional assistance to the Partner team.
What will you be doing?
Working to a ratio of 1:4 you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing full diary management support
- Providing support with all travel and logistical arrangements to and from meetings
- Liaising with clients to arrange internal and external meetings
- Booking meeting rooms & restaurants for internal and external meetings
- Organising a variety of Business Unit events (teams/clients)
- General office support: printing and binding of documents for client meetings; booking meeting rooms and organising catering
- Providing general admin support to the Partners including timesheets and expenses
- Supporting the Partners in running/managing their business units
- Executing ad-hoc tasks to support Partners where required
So what are we looking for?
Here Are Our Key Requirements For This Role
We recruit individuals at all levels based on merit. If you’ve got the skills and experience we are after we would love to talk to you.
- Experience in supporting multiple senior level executives with full diary and travel management.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Previous experience in Professional Services desirable.
- Presentable and personable with a proficient attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and helpful, a team player and is solution focused.
What’s in it for both of us?
- At Baringa, we recognise the importance of work-life balance and we know that the ‘ideal’ balance will vary from person to person and will change at different stages of our working lives. If you require flexible working, please talk to one of our Recruiters about the flexibility you may need.
- Opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders both within Baringa and with the client.
- The opportunity to shape and build a relatively new corporate function, with the full support of the wider company.
- You decide on the training you need. We invest in you, to ensure you remain the best in the business, through formal training, coaching and mentoring.
- You can talk to anyone in the business. There are no barriers and everyone is accessible, from our Analysts to our Partners.
- We are a true meritocracy, there are no ceiling or time scales placed on progression.