About the job
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace.
The human resource coordinator assists in the efficient and smooth operational functioning of the Human Resources Department. This role provides administrative and clerical support to the human resource function as well as coordinating various projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative assistance to HR Team including answering phone calls, create communication memos, maintaining department files, and scheduling meetings. Coordinate meetings/food as directed by the Human Resources Team. Provide support to HR staff for administrative assistance as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain reports from SAP Master Data, new-hire and absentee reports. Maintain and update company organizational charts. Other projects and responsibilities as assigned, including announcements, rosters, employee contact lists, PTO calendars, periodic or special report analysis, annual projects such as developing succession planning review materials, talent review materials, auditing reports.
- Responsible for planning, leading and managing several employee and community events per year and ensuring that each event is representative of the company’s image, culture and mission. Assist with coordination and administration of cultural assimilation groups and events.
- Coordinate all administrative activities necessary to onboard and exit an employee as applicable. This includes potentially providing support as the ITC for your client group, floor/cube management for the group you are supporting.
- Create, maintain and update processes as needed. Manage Purchase Card for the Human Resources Department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervision given from the Director/VP of HR. However, individual must be able to anticipate problems and move toward resolving them in the absence of management, exercising independent judgment and discretion. Will be required to communicate specific instructions or requests to various individuals/levels of the organization. Individual must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- No direct reports.
- Maintain and track department expenses on supplies and other purchases. Manage AMEX P-Card for the team.
Requirements And Minimum Education Level
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college education preferred.
- 2 years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Experience in a corporate environment.
Understands and has the ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position, including:
- Exercise and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Use of excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented team player with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Act and make independent and discretionary judgment.
- Good math and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of SAP helpful as well as the ability to learn new computer programs.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.